Here Come the Law and Order Democrats – We Pause Now Until the Laughter Dies Down
By Don Feder
February 13, 2018
Desperate to divert attention from the way Obama turned the FBI into a rogue political action committee, Democrats and the mainstream media (virtually indistinguishable) charge that Trump is undermining law enforcement, which would make them champions of law and order – as indeed they are, in the grand tradition of Bonnie and Clyde, Alphonse Capone and Bernie Madoff.
The headline on a story in the February 3rd New York Times warns of, "Trump's Unparalleled War on a Pillar of Society: Law Enforcement." What does the Times do on days when it can't get through to the DNC for talking points?
In tones of apocalyptic doom, the article disclosed, "The war between the president and the nation's law enforcement apparatus is unlike anything America has seen in modern times...."
Democrats contend that, in order to cover up his alleged collaboration with the Russians during the 2016 campaign (next they'll say he sold them 20% of our uranium reserve), "the president engaged in a scorched-earth assault on the pillars of the criminal justice system in a way no other occupant of the White House has done" – visions of POTUS as Machine Gun Kelly shouting "Don't shoot, G-men," when cornered by the Feds.
The left wants you to ignore the man behind the curtain (who bears a striking resemblance to former Director James Comey) pulling levers to get a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign, based on a dossier concocted by the Clinton campaign.
The modern American left grew out of the '60s, the most lawless era of U.S. history. It's the progeny of campus riots and inner-city anarchy – SDS and the Weather Underground, SNCC and the Black Panthers.
The Democratic Party of Harry Truman, JFK and Hubert Humphrey is stone-cold dead. McGovernites killed it 1972. Today 's Democratic Party is epitomized by Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Nancy ("Crumbs") Pelosi, Keith Abu Ellison and Crazy, Old Uncle Bernie.
The Democratic Party of the 21st. century is a motley collection of ideologues, crooks and conmen that's been at war with law enforcement for more than half-a-century:
1. It's the enabler of illegal immigration, witness sanctuary cities, opposition to any meaningful border security, and Obama's unconstitutional creation of a protected class – the "unaccompanied minors." It even manipulates our language with expressions like "undocumented aliens."
2. By their silence, Democrats condone the domestic terrorists known as Antifa and Black Lives Matter. When was the last time you heard a spokesman for the party decry the assassination of police officers – an increasingly common tragedy?
3. During the Obama years, they used the IRS to target conservative groups.
4. They're the party of confiscatory taxation – a type of theft. As the bumper sticker advises, "Don't Steal: The government doesn't like competition."
5. They are also the party of stolen elections, which is why they oppose voter ID laws.
6. They cozy up to outlaw regimes. Obama chose the Palestinian Authority over Israel. Bill Clinton felt comfortable doing business with North Korea in the 1990s. Barack Obama fought for a deal with the mullahs 20 years later.
7. The judges appointed by Democratic presidents have deliberately distorted the Constitution, making it a vehicle for the radical transformation of society. Issues like abortion and "same-sex marriage" were taken away from voters and left for the judiciary to decide. This is Democrats' greatest crime.
8. After losing in 2016, Democrats turned the DOJ and FBI into part of the anti-Trump "resistance."
It's liberals (including the Hollywood crowd) who consistently spread distrust of law enforcement, portraying local police as murderous racists, the pre-Obama FBI as crossing-dressing fascists and the CIA as a sinister force engineering wars and working ceaselessly to undermine democracy. (In the 60s, they told us John F. Kennedy was killed by a CIA/FBI cabal, in league with the mob.)
They portray the military as warmongers and war criminals in movies like "Casualties of War" and "A Few Good Men."
In a 2017 Pew Research poll, 78% of Republicans saw the police as "treating racial and ethnic groups equally," compared to only 26% of Democrats. In the same poll, 73% of Republicans said the police do a good job of "using the right amount of force for each situation," against 27% of Democrats. Is this the outcome of a "scorched-earth assault on the pillars of the criminal justice system" – our local police?
If only active-duty military personnel and cops voted, everyone in Congress would look like Trey Gowdy and Louie Gohmert.
You can't be for the rule of law if you don't believe in an objective moral order. The left believes in situational ethics (a morality of expediency) and color-coded justice.
Leftists reject Biblical morality – which historically has served as the foundation of Western Civilization – the Torah handed down at Sinai and brought to the West by Christianity.
The secular left absurdly insists that religion had nothing to do with this nation's founding – ignoring Pilgrims and Puritans, the Declaration's "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights," In God We Trust on our currency, and appeals to Heaven in times of trouble from George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, to Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan.
If we followed Judeo-Christian ethics today, there would be no elective abortion, homosexual "marriage," physician-assisted suicide, drug legalization or "safe injection sites."
I think they hate Trump more than any other politician in modern times – yes, even more than Ronald Reagan – because he acknowledges the core principles of American order.
In 1961, the man who practically created the FBI and led it for almost 50 years wrote "Masters of Deceit – The Story of Communism in America and How to Fight It." When it comes to subterfuge, the communists of old were rank amateurs, next to the party of Schumer, Schiff and Comey, and their media PR team.
Don Feder is a former Boston Herald writer who is now a political/communications consultant. He also maintains a Facebook page.